Ryan is no stranger to big stages. He made his first front page newspaper headline when he was less than two weeks old. He continued to chase the limelight in choir, punk bands, and on film.
Studying theatre in college sharpened Ryan's ability to step into his client’s shoes and understand where they’re coming from. Marrying the love of his life and having three (very) energetic boys reminds him of what’s most important in his own life - and in his clients’ cases. Ryan's focus on family explains why he is one of only two private lawyers in the State of Oregon to currently serve in an advisory role to the Chief Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court on matters pertaining to family law.
Now, Ryan spends most of his time in court, prepping for court, or doing his best to keep his clients out of court.
He’s ready to support you with your legal issues and create a plan unique to your situation that will allow you to move forward with what’s best for your family.
Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
J.D. – May, 2009 Willamette University, Salem, Oregon
B.A., Bachelor of Arts – May, 2004 Major: Theatre
2015 Oregon Legislation Highlights – Domestic Relations and Juvenile Law , Oregon State Bar, 2015
2013 Oregon Legislation Highlights – Domestic Relations and Juvenile Law, Oregon State Bar, 2013
2011 Oregon Legislation Highlights – Family Law, Oregon State Bar, 2011
- Proposed Legislation and Family Law, Oregon State Family Law Advisory Committee (SFLAC), 2017
- 2017 Oregon Legislation Highlights, Oregon State Bar, Family Law Section, 2017
- Depositions 101, Oregon Family Law Practice (Willamette University College of Law), 2017
- 2015 Oregon Legislation Highlights, Oregon State Bar, Family Law Section, 2015
- Advanced Child Support: Rebuttals, Oregon State Bar, Family Law Section, 2014
- Rising Star (Super Lawyers Magazine), 2012 – 2017
- New Lawyer of the Year (Marion-Polk County Legal Aid), 2010
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 – Oregon (National Academy of Family Law Attorneys), 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Family Law Advisory Committee, Member, 2014 – Present
- Oregon State Bar, Family Law Section, Legislative Subcommittee, Chair, 2012 – Present